We are so glad that you have found us and we would like to share a little about our Sunday School program. We have several established classes available at this time. It is our goal to continue our mission to provide Christian education opportunities for spiritual growth to all who seek knowledge and to cultivate leaders to be witnesses for our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Our desire is to birth new classes specific to our congregations needs as our membership grows.
We have the following classes currently available:
Pre-K - 2nd Grade / 3rd - 5th Grade / Diane MacQuarrie Middle School / High School & College / Matt Kaishian
Adults / Joel Johnson
New Member's Class starts 11/12/17 at 10 AM for 4 weeks / Rita Lewis
Sunday School Vision Statement
1 Peter 2:9-10 says; "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."
In these verses, we see that the church is to be a living display of God’s glory, a people enraptured by that glory, proclaiming His “praises” to others, and dedicated to living corporately as "the people of God," that is, "His own special people.” The teaching ministry of The Bridge Church seeks to fulfil the vision of 1 Peter 2:9-10 and move the church more and more toward becoming a living display of the God’s glory. To achieve this end, we must have certain fixed principles:
1) A commitment to the in-errancy of God’s Word (2 Tim. 3:16);
2) Faith in its profitability and power to save (Rom. 1:16), instruct, and thoroughly equip the church (2 Tim. 3:17)
3) A commitment to faithfully teaching the whole counsel of God without compromise (Acts 20:27)
4) Willingness to teach with “long-suffering” or patience (2 Tim. 4:2), rather than quitting or giving in to discouragement;
5) A readiness to work hard (2 Tim. 2:15).
Sunday School Mission Statement
With our vision clearly before us and recognizing the pre-eminent place that God’s Word should occupy in the hearts and minds of all people touched by the ministry of The Bridge Church, Sunday School classes seek to meet this vision by fulfilling the Great Commission in the local church body and community as a whole, making disciples of Jesus Christ and teaching them to observe all things that He has commanded (Matt. 28:19-20). Sunday School seeks to fulfil this goal in the following ways:
1. It seeks to draw individuals into a relationship with the Lord and challenge them to grow as believers through life-changing Bible studies presented by leaders who are Christ-centered and people oriented.
2. It encourages personal relationships and fellowship among members and guests who desire a deeper walk with the Lord.
3. It encourages class members to reach out to their community with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. It encourages leaders to make members and guests feel welcome and important to the class by following the Lord’s example of practicing love and care.